Enterprise award and certificate.
Who is this qualification for?
Those considering setting up a business. Explore the joy of working for yourself and start planning and preparing to launch your new business.
Results for you
- Understand the process of setting up a business or self-employment
- Think through the financial and other risks involved
- Know the legal and regulatory requirements
- Get to grips with the financial aspects of starting your business
- Tools and techniques for developing your business idea
Focus on the skills you need
There are five mandatory units on this qualification. The first, ‘Assessing your own suitability for enterprise’, focuses on your personal skills and abilities and your reasons and expectations for setting up on your own. The four remaining units each cover a key practical area.
- How to set up and run your business legally, and where to get help with legal issues
- Market research, how to promote and sell your product or service, and how to offer good customer care
- Business finance, including start-up costs, financial record-keeping and cash-flow
- How to develop and evaluate your business idea and write a business plan